FORUMS: list search recent posts

Easy way to create on-line training modules

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Wilson
Easy way to create on-line training modules
on Jan 19, 2011 at 9:47:09 pm

I have a client that wants to create on-line training and education modules with printed lessons, video, quizzes, etc....

We produced their video training programs and now they want to take it to the web in full multimedia glory.

I only know enough Dreamweaver to be dangerous to myself so I was wondering if anyone knows of a place on-line where you can build training modules and perhaps even embed them into your own site.

Thanks.

Andrew Wilson
WestView Digital Video & Design
http://www.westviewdigital.com

Return to posts index

Fernando Mol
Re: Easy way to create on-line training modules
on Jan 20, 2011 at 6:19:36 am

It will depend on the functionality you need. If you only need to organize and play your videos Dreamweaver can do it with no problem.

The only open source Course Management System I have used is Moodle. But is supposed to be used to support live courses.

I wonder what kind of site you want. Can you be more specific?

Return to posts index

Andrew Wilson
on Jan 20, 2011 at 6:53:21 pm

I think it's pretty straight forward. Log In so we know you took the course. Click here to watch our training video or "PowerPoint-Like" presentation. Then you'll get quizzed on what you just saw. If you get a question wrong, we'll tell you the correct answer.

I know enough DW to just be able to show videos and walk them through static pages. Logging in, user tracking, form response... that's a little above my comfort level.

You're the 2nd person to mention moodle. I gave it a quick look and it looks like it's designed for something like this.

If you could share your experience with moodle and what you use it for, that would be great.

Thanks!

Andrew Wilson
WestView Digital Video & Design
http://www.westviewdigital.com

Return to posts index

Fernando Mol
on Jan 20, 2011 at 7:07:58 pm

For what you say, I think Adobe Captivate can be the tool for you, if you have the budget.

I used Moodle once in combination with Captivate for testing (client needed results in SCORM).

Captivate will export you a swf, so you can place it in a page using Dreamweaver or use it as a stand alone.

You may want to read more about what they do and if you have questions feel free to ask here.

Return to posts index

Carla Cardello
on Jan 25, 2011 at 9:35:53 pm

My department is using Moodle for our learning management system. We are in the process of switching lms hosts, so I couldn't tell you a whole lot about it yet. I can tell you on my end, I am using Lectora Inspire to create the modules (think Powerpoint slides but more interactive.) This is where you add videos, quizzes, pictures, etc. Then we use SCORM to upload the module to Moodle. Then the student logs in, takes the course, and gets credit.

So to summarize - Moodle is the learning management system to host your courses. Lectora Inspire is the software you use to design the courses. Both are separate, meaning if you want to use Adobe Captivate instead, you can use Moodle and Captivate.

No Dreamweaver is involved unless you go with the software only. In Lectora, you can publish as html and host it on a web server. However, I'm not sure if you can keep track of which students take which courses.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]