FORUMS: list search recent posts

Form to suscribe by email

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David CornejoForm to suscribe by email
by on Oct 15, 2010 at 12:22:21 am

I'm new in this forum and I hope you can help me.

I'm trying to create a form to suscribe people to a list of bulletin in a web. I don't have a special software for that, so I want to make something simple but functional.

I want a form in wich a person could register his name, ocupation, place where he studies or works and, of course, his email. My idea is that after click at "suscribe" this information arrives to my email.

Is it possible? I think It is!

Can you help me to make this step by step?

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: Form to suscribe by email
by on Oct 15, 2010 at 1:16:12 am

you can use a variety of free scripts to do this - here's a perl one that has been around for years:

or there are a ton of php versions as well:

basically, you have an html form and a back end script that receives the data and then emails it to you. hard to give more details than that w/o knowing what scripting languages your server supports, but 99.9% of them support one or both of php and perl...

(also search this forum's archives - this is a common topic)

hope that helps!

Return to posts index

David CornejoRe: Form to suscribe by email
by on Oct 19, 2010 at 5:21:00 pm

Thanks a lot, I very much appreciate your help. Your links illustrated me about the necesary codes, but the bad news are that the server wich I work is part of the 0.01% that doesn't work with php, so I will publish only a mail to contact with the visitors.

But I could create a link with flash and Java Script 2.0. May I make something with that? I mean, a block of text with a botton and that with a click this text goes to my email? is it possible?

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved