FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to find a way to add interactive pdf to a template based website

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erica Crawford
Trying to find a way to add interactive pdf to a template based website
on Oct 4, 2010 at 5:22:26 pm

I have been looking for template based websites so that I can easily and quickly make a website that I can upload forms on so that customers can fill them out and sumbit them back to me.
I have checked out wix and network solutions template based website builders but on those sites it seems you can only upload a document then it would show a link for the user to download so the forms wouldn't actually show up on the webpage.
Even if I can't find a website builder that will enable me to embed a pdf that will show up on the webpage I guess I could upload the document to somewhere else and link to it. I came across this thread here http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/16/855665
it says you can make a pdf form in an iframe and the example is perfect but it doesn't say how to do it; I guess I am lost as to where I could upload the form and be able to have the form submitted back to me after they fill it out.
I hope what I'm trying to say makes sense, I believe what I am trying to do is no big deal, I already have the forms ready to upload, I just can't figure out where I can upload them and keep it so they can still be filled out and submitted to me.
Thanks so much for any suggestions.

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
Re: Trying to find a way to add interactive pdf to a template based website
on Oct 4, 2010 at 8:26:39 pm

hello...

you can always just view the source of that page to see how that embed is done; however in this case if i'm following you correctly, you cannot do what you want in the way that you want, i'm afraid...

to confirm - you are looking to have a pdf form display on page and then have the user fill it out on the screen and then have that data sent back to you? if so, that's not possible. you'd have to have them download it, fill it out, re-save it as a pdf (usually via printing as you typically can't save entered data in a pdf file) and then re-upload it back to you...

or am i not following you correctly?

sitruc

Return to posts index

Fernando Mol
Re: Trying to find a way to add interactive pdf to a template based website
on Oct 4, 2010 at 8:42:37 pm

There's a way to send data from a PDF form to an email address or to a web cgi to be processed and even added to a database.

You need to use Acrobat Pro to configure the send button in the form. Also, the server must be able to process the data sent by the PDF. That's very common, but don't take it for granted.

Some browsers will display your PDF if you link directly to them, some will ask for a download. If you just want to manage your forms online it's a lot safer to use HTML forms.

*Always share a link to your site and rate the posts. This is a free service for you and for us.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]