FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tips for producing web design demo reel

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ali ColbyTips for producing web design demo reel
by on Sep 1, 2010 at 9:06:39 pm

Hey friends,

I am planning to make a demo reel to showcase my company's recent web design projects. I'm wondering if you have any tips on doing this - specifically, making screen shots dynamic.

I've found some inspiring examples online and I'm trying to figure out the best way to actually produce the reel. Thoughts:

1. Use screen capture that shows actual mouse over and interface manipulation, then bring that footage into AE to add effects / warping / movement

2. Actually filming the computer screen (seems sort of silly but I've seen an example that worked)

3. Using the original design comps to dynamically assemble the different graphic elements into the final-looking screen shot

Do you have any advice or words of warning? Any technical constraints that I haven't considered? Any recommendations for quality, easy-to-use screen capture software?

Return to posts index

Fernando MolRe: Tips for producing web design demo reel
by on Sep 7, 2010 at 5:44:03 pm

Adobe Captivate has a great tool for screen capture. It actually takes screen shots and animates the mouse, so your final file will be a very small swf, instead a full movie.

I don't think that, for the final user, anything will be better than a list of your examples with thumbnails and links to the real sites.

If you sell e-learning or animation it's great, otherwise, I think it will be just a clever (and maybe too complicated) way to do a list. But that's just my opinion.

I hope this helps.

*Always share a link to your site and rate the posts. This is a free service for you and for us.

Return to posts index

Ali ColbyRe: Tips for producing web design demo reel
by on Sep 7, 2010 at 9:25:47 pm

Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved