FORUMS: list search recent posts

pop up window

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dusson Deshommespop up window
by on Aug 31, 2010 at 5:22:31 am

hi guys, I am building my website and I have come up to a wall.
I have 4 different playlist that I want to come out on a pop up window which I already configured and all but I can't seem to get my links to open in the same pop up window.
I want to be able to click on a link and it opens it in the same pop up that is already there. Is that possible.

This is the code that I am using:

<p>These are our current playlists:</p>
<p><a href="'media/gospelplaylist/gospelplayer.html'target=_blank">GOSPEL</a></p>

<p><a href="'media/hiphopplaylist/hiphopplayer.html'target=_blank">HIPHOP - R&B - REGGAE</a></p>

<p><a href="'media/zoukplaylist/zoukplayer.html'target=_blank">ZOUK - KONPA - LATIN</a></p>

<p><a href="'media/jazzplaylist/jazzplayer.html'target=_self">LOVE SONGS - JAZZ - BLUES</a></p>

<p> </p>

Pleas help out if possible..

Thanks a bunch

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: pop up window
by on Aug 31, 2010 at 3:28:21 pm

Instead of using target='_blank' to open your pop up window you want to use onClick=";"

Modifying your code it would look something like:

<p><a href="javascript:void(0);" onClick="'media/gospelplaylist/gospelplayer.html','music_pop_up_win','height=500,width=500');">GOSPEL</a></p>

<p><a href="javascript:void(0);" onClick="'media/hiphopplaylist/hiphopplayer.html','music_pop_up_win','height=500,width=500');">HIPHOP - R&B - REGGAE</a></p>

<p><a href="javascript:void(0);" onClick="'media/zoukplaylist/zoukplayer.html','music_pop_up_win','height=500,width=500');">ZOUK - KONPA - LATIN</a></p>

<p><a href="javascript:void(0);" onClick="'media/jazzplaylist/jazzplayer.html','music_pop_up_win','height=500,width=500');">LOVE SONGS - JAZZ - BLUES</a></p>

More on can be found here.

Return to posts index

Christopher FilbeyRe: pop up window
by on Nov 2, 2010 at 4:02:10 pm

The "target" attribute is deprecated and will probably be phased out in the future. Still, if you're not feeling the use of Javascript, I see a couple of problems with your target=_blank code. Remove the single quotes around the URL and include a double quote after it. Then, put another double quote after target= to finish it. Basically, replace

a href="'media/gospelplaylist/gospelplayer.html'target=_blank"

a href="media/gospelplaylist/gospelplayer.html" target="_blank"

I hope I understood the problem correctly and this was helpful.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved