FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wordpress video uploading plugins

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank CervarichWordpress video uploading plugins
by on Aug 5, 2010 at 7:17:06 pm

I'm hoping that you professional web designers won't be too put out to answer my question about Word Press. I installed it on my web hosting site after much suffering and after getting nowhere using Joomla. My reason for the web site is to showcase my videos, novels, and still photos. I have FCP3 and Photoshop on my MacPro. I want to be able to upload video and stills as well as .pdfs to my web site from the MacPro. It's okay to be able to pull in stuff from YouTube or whatever but that is not my first priority. I'm looking for recommendations for the best plugins for the job. Thank you very much for any suggestions you might have.

Return to posts index

Fernando MolRe: Wordpress video uploading plugins
by on Aug 9, 2010 at 8:13:35 pm

I don't use Worldpress, but a fast googlesearch give me this list:

*Always share a link to your site and rate the posts. This is a free service for you and for us.

Return to posts index

Alan SmithRe: Wordpress video uploading plugins
by on Aug 17, 2010 at 1:43:49 pm

For uploading video via wordpress, I would recommend two options. If using youtube is a viable option, upload your video to youtube and use the youtube url to oembed the video directly into your post or page. Wordpress will interpret the url and insert the video without you having to add any plugin to the site. Simply add the url to the youtube video on its own line in the post and Wordpress handles the rest.

If Youtube is not a desired option, then I suggest using jwplayer from longtailvideo. It is by far the easiest and most used video player around and it will play most any kind of video, flash, mp4, aiv, etc. They offer a free player and a payed player. You have to upload some files to your hosting server to use the player and then upload your video. I recommend using an ftp client like fireFTP for mac or Filezilla for a PC. Once you have uploaded your files, use the wizard on jwplayer site to create your embed code and copy/past the code into you page/post. This gives you more control over your players look and feel.

Either way works well. It is a matter of preference.

Alan Smith

Alan Smith

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved