FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is it possible to use Wordpress and Dreamweaver on the same website?

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce MacKownIs it possible to use Wordpress and Dreamweaver on the same website?
by on Jul 24, 2010 at 1:09:47 am

I am an amateur web designer currently designing an original content video website and I like the freedom that Dreamweaver allows to design. I have so far avoided using Wordpress because it seems "boilerplate" for lack of a better word.

But one feature that I must have is the ability for viewers to leave feedback on each video page after viewing, just as you can on Youtube. The only suggestion I have heard was that I have to learn PHP and MySQL. Well that seems like a lot of effort "just" to allow viewers to leave comments.

Recently it occurred me that every blog in the world has the ability to post reader comments, and I'm guessing that most blogs are done with Wordpress.

So my question, finally, is, can I just use Wordpress to design my video pages so viewers can leave comments, and use Dreamweaver to design the rest of the pages in my site?

Or do I have to learn PHP and MySQL?

Thanks.

Bruce MacKown

Return to posts index

Fernando MolRe: Is it possible to use Wordpress and Dreamweaver on the same website?
by on Jul 24, 2010 at 2:57:05 am

You may want to read this article:

http://www.wpbeginner.com/news/wordpress-themes-made-easy-with-adobe-dreamw...

And about PHP/MySQL, it's a lot easier to just create a database and display posts in your website than to install wordpress just for the comments, but that's true if you have some basic knowledge of how to use databases (not that difficult) and how to configure Dreamweaver to use them (not that difficult). DW has some behaviors that make very easy to interact with databases (not that difficult). But once you get an error, and probably you will, then it will not be that easy to debug a code that you don't understand.

Some people think that you'll end giving the same effort to learn how to install and use wordpress than the effort you'll do to learn how DW interact with a database.

I hope this helps

*Always share a link to your site and rate the posts. This is a free service for you and for us.

Return to posts index

Bruce MacKownRe: Is it possible to use Wordpress and Dreamweaver on the same website?
by on Jul 24, 2010 at 5:02:15 am

Thanks for such a quick reply Fernando. Actually I remember you. You responded three months ago to my first post and recommended that I learn MySql and PHP. Well I tried that and struggled for a few days and got discouraged because it's really time consuming. So I'm going to try Wordpress. I'm sure it will be quicker and easier than trying to learn it myself. The Wordpress website that you provided a link to looks very informative. I'll see what those guys have to say. Cheers. Bruce

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]