FORUMS: list search recent posts

Joomla template alternative or JA_Purity

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jake Nelson-DooleyJoomla template alternative or JA_Purity
by on May 25, 2010 at 10:27:10 am

Hi Cow team,
Can anyone recommend a Joomla template that is easy to customize. I'm working with JA_Purity, which seemed ok at first, but I'm having a hard time changing the background color. Seems simple, I know! I am trying to turn off all the background colors/images, and just use a single background image on the body.

I kinda miss the days of static HTML pages...

Return to posts index

Fernando MolRe: Joomla template alternative or JA_Purity
by on May 27, 2010 at 9:52:51 pm

No open source CMS template will ever be easy to customize. Well, maybe not ever forever, but right now that's how it is.

I know Dreamweaver CS5 have some nice tools to debug and change design and content for that kind of CMS sites, but I have not tested it yet.

*Always share a link to your site and rate the posts. This is a free service for you and for us.

Return to posts index

Jake Nelson-DooleyRe: Joomla template alternative or JA_Purity
by on May 31, 2010 at 7:37:52 pm

Really? I think Wordpress is easy to customize and it's open source. Luckily for me the client doesn't mind if I switch over from Joomla to Wordpress since their site doesn't require any of the more advanced Joomla functionality.

I'm still not sure what I was doing wrong. Guessing I was missing something about the CSS structure of the Joomla template I was using.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved