FORUMS: list search recent posts

Joomla problems, particular uploading video

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Cervarich
Joomla problems, particular uploading video
on May 17, 2010 at 8:19:42 pm

Since I am no tech genius several years ago, I had someone design and put into operation my company web site. That person moved to England just as I decided I wanted to update my web site and come out of it with a set-up that allowed me to manage the site myself.

Another person downloaded Joomla and moved all the information from my operational site to the Joomal site for me. Since that time I have struggled to get a handle on the process. I still have not been able to migrate to any new material on my site. I don't know how to get that to happen. However, first things first.

I have several nagging problems which I will mention but the one I am posting about now is getting videos on my site. Since I am a video producer, this is key. What advice, suggestions, downloads, whatever, would you recommend I employ?

As for the other problems, they are uploading still images so they occur in a folder that is recognized when I click the image button in the Article Manager, managing Media Manager so that I can get rid of unwanted files and add files to folders that will then be recognized in Article Manager, and uploading .pdf files so they can be used as a link on the site.

Thanks for whatever wisdom you can pass on. I need all the help I can get.

Return to posts index

Fernando Mol
Re: Joomla problems, particular uploading video
on May 17, 2010 at 8:41:39 pm

Hi, Frank

I do not use Joomla! but I know there are tons of extensions to do what you want. I browsed a little in their site and found this link:

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/multimedia/video-players-a-gallery

Joomla! must have some extension manager where you can install the module you choose.

I hope this helps.

*Always share a link to your site and rate the posts. This is a free service for you and for us.

Return to posts index

Frank Cervarich
on May 17, 2010 at 9:07:19 pm

What do you use?

Maybe Joomla is the problem, the reason why I have the problems that I have.

Of course, it is most likely operator error, particularly when you consider that I'm not the great tech in the world.

Return to posts index

Fernando Mol
on May 17, 2010 at 9:23:55 pm

I do not use any open source CMS solution, but I have tweaked a couple of sites based on WebApp and Zen-Cart.

I'm not sure what exactly is your problem, Frank. It is that you don't know where to start or did you already tried to install an extension and Joomla! is giving you problems?

*Always share a link to your site and rate the posts. This is a free service for you and for us.

Return to posts index

Frank Cervarich
on May 17, 2010 at 10:03:46 pm

I have entered all my copy in Joomla to my satisfaction. I am unable to place the photos that I have uploaded or came from my previous web site. I have also been unable to upload or place videos either from my previous site or new ones. The way the person who downloaded Joomla for me set it up, I am not publishing to the active web site I now have. I am uncertain how to go about finalizing and publishing to my live web site. I hope this clears up my situation. If not, please let me know how I can make my situation clear to you.
Thanks for responding.

Return to posts index

Fernando Mol
on May 17, 2010 at 11:10:38 pm

So, you have a local copy of Joomla! in your computer, but not online.

For you to know, anything you do locally is just for testing. I assume you are running some local test environment like Apache and you run it before you work on your local site, because you have successfully placed your text changes in the site.

You should be able to access the administrator section of your online site directly from your browser and then change your content there. The link, username and password are things your old administrator should give you.

It sounds like you don't really have a specific problem, simply you just don't know how to use the tool. If that's the situation your best shot is to go to a Joomla! community or read the documentation. I goggled "Joomla! video tutorial" and a lot of sites appeared.

I hope this helps

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]