FORUMS: list search recent posts

Floating DIVS

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard WilliamsFloating DIVS
by on Apr 1, 2010 at 2:05:13 pm

Is it possible, to float a div relative to an iframe?
I have a page that i have created for a client, but the problem has just arrisen that the clients entire site was build in wordpress, so what i thought was going to be a simple drop in the page ive created, is actually not that simple at all! :o(

The only way i can see around this, since the page is far to complicated for wordpress to cope with it, is to display the page content in an iframe. The problem is, the floating element will not then work against the scroll of the page, and unless i make the page iframe smaller in height, the scroll element will not work at all. So i was wondering if you can define the relative positioning to the iframe somehow?? Probably not im guessing, but thought it worth a shot at asking.
(if anyone knows a simple solution to get around the whole wordpress issue then i would be greatful)

Thanks

Richard Williams
p.s. Please remember to rate our post replies and tick if solved. Also, please remember that we here are NOT employed by Adobe, we do this out of love and fun, so its always nice to recieve a Please and Thank You! :o)

Return to posts index

Fernando MolRe: Floating DIVS
by on Apr 22, 2010 at 4:25:55 pm

Sorry for the late answer. You probably already worked it out.

I don't think is possible to position an element relative to what is in an iFrame, because the position needs a parent element to position itself.

You'll need to place your element inside the Wordpress page, then parent it there.

*Always share a link to your site and rate the posts. This is a free service for you and for us.

Return to posts index

Richard WilliamsRe: Floating DIVS
by on Apr 22, 2010 at 7:05:25 pm

Thanks man...

Yeh, i had to do some quick fire learning on wordpress as i was brought in very late in the project to do some stuff... But most of it i managed to vypass wordpress completely! Great tool, but bad news when the entire site is built from within it :oS

Richard Williams
p.s. Please remember to rate our post replies and tick if solved. Also, please remember that we here are NOT employed by Adobe, we do this out of love and fun, so its always nice to recieve a Please and Thank You! :o)

Return to posts index

Roy EstinRe: Floating DIVS
by on Jun 11, 2010 at 8:08:14 pm

I believe this would be done in the style.css file within the wordpress template. Have you tried the float:right; action?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]