and I would like to have multiple players on different pages. The code on the page references a .js file stored in my folder. and there is a playlist.xml file in the same folder. I have successfully edited this list to my own videos but only for one player.
Where do I alter the code to reference a different playlist so that I don't have the same videos on every page?
I looked but I can't find a reference to the playlist.xml file ( it just works )
Again I am very new and I can supply the code if needed.
I would guess that this would work: Put the .js file in your site's root level, and put the xml and flv files in the folder where you want the player. I think the real problem would be if you want multiple players on the same page.
I've never used the WWD player, but look at the Moyea suite of programs.
Thanks for replying so quickly. I checked out Moyea, is it just for PC's because I run a Mac and I got an .exe file.
In the mean time. I think what you said would work but here is the problem. The code on my page references the .js file in my root folder and I ASSUME the .js file references the playlist.xml but I can't find the reference.
So theoretically I could make a second retitled .js file and a second retitled .xml but somewhere in the new .js I would have to tell it to reference the NEW .xml playlist...not the old one.
>> Edit the 'videos.xml' file using a text editor (Notepad, WordPad, TextEdit).
Add a <vidNode> tag for each FLV:
<vidNode flv="1.flv" img="1.jpg">Short description of video</vidNode>
each vidNode has 2 variables or "attributes":
* flv (name of the FLV file)
* img (name of the thumbnail image file)
Type in the video's description between the opening <vidNode> and closing </vidNode> tags. This will show up as a caption underneath the selected video.
If you'd like to add basic text formatting or a hyperlink to the description you can do so by inserting html tags. If you use html tags in the description, you must wrap the description in CDATA tags as follows:
I found the issue. The reference to the xml playlist is actually coded right into the .swf which is not editable. I need to check with WWD to see if I can get the .FLA otherwise it will always reference the same playlist.