FORUMS: list search recent posts

flv player

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
victor cooperflv player
by on Mar 30, 2010 at 8:53:08 pm

Hi Guys,

I am new to the COW as well as to web design. I am using the WWD flv flash player found here....

and I would like to have multiple players on different pages. The code on the page references a .js file stored in my folder. and there is a playlist.xml file in the same folder. I have successfully edited this list to my own videos but only for one player.

Where do I alter the code to reference a different playlist so that I don't have the same videos on every page?

I looked but I can't find a reference to the playlist.xml file ( it just works )

Again I am very new and I can supply the code if needed.

Return to posts index

Stephen MannRe: flv player
by on Mar 31, 2010 at 4:22:31 am

I would guess that this would work: Put the .js file in your site's root level, and put the xml and flv files in the folder where you want the player. I think the real problem would be if you want multiple players on the same page.

I've never used the WWD player, but look at the Moyea suite of programs.

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video

Return to posts index

victor cooperRe: flv player
by on Mar 31, 2010 at 1:22:58 pm

Hey Steve,

Thanks for replying so quickly. I checked out Moyea, is it just for PC's because I run a Mac and I got an .exe file.

In the mean time. I think what you said would work but here is the problem. The code on my page references the .js file in my root folder and I ASSUME the .js file references the playlist.xml but I can't find the reference.

So theoretically I could make a second retitled .js file and a second retitled .xml but somewhere in the new .js I would have to tell it to reference the NEW .xml playlist...not the old one.

Return to posts index

Mike SmithRe: flv player
by on Mar 31, 2010 at 4:41:01 pm

Hi Victor

You surely must have set the video path yourself, either in a direct path reference in javascript or by editing the video.xml file, as the directions suggest ...

Or am I missing something ...?

Edit the 'videos.xml' file using a text editor (Notepad, WordPad, TextEdit).

Add a <vidNode> tag for each FLV:

<vidNode flv="1.flv" img="1.jpg">Short description of video</vidNode>

each vidNode has 2 variables or "attributes":

* flv (name of the FLV file)
* img (name of the thumbnail image file)

Type in the video's description between the opening <vidNode> and closing </vidNode> tags. This will show up as a caption underneath the selected video.

If you'd like to add basic text formatting or a hyperlink to the description you can do so by inserting html tags. If you use html tags in the description, you must wrap the description in CDATA tags as follows:

<vidNode flv="1.flv" img="1.jpg"><![CDATA[Man falls from tree, breaks ankle. <a href=''><b>Read More</b></a>]]></vidNode>

Return to posts index

victor cooperRe: flv player
by on Apr 8, 2010 at 5:22:08 pm

Hi Mike,

I found the issue. The reference to the xml playlist is actually coded right into the .swf which is not editable. I need to check with WWD to see if I can get the .FLA otherwise it will always reference the same playlist.

Thanks though,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved