FORUMS: list search recent posts

dreamweaver v.s. wordpress

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JiunGuey Lindreamweaver v.s. wordpress
by on Mar 27, 2010 at 11:54:16 pm

a friend approached me with this e-commerce site that sells products along with event updates. Since it has to be easy for him to update it personally on the daily bases while it displays the latest posts, I figure it seemly has features as a blog although it's a business site.

I have no problem doing the site design however I'm not sure what's the best way to build it, or what kind of work flow would I have. I have knowledge of dreamweaver and I am beginner in css but no php. wordpress seems to be easier to get into but it requires changes and plug-ins?

I was wondering what's the best way to work this out? combining dreamweaver and wordpress? choose one over another? get a professional programmer for the time being? I'm welling to learn within a short among of time. if there's a better work flow I should follow I'm welling to do that as well. please help and thanks!

Return to posts index

Fernando MolRe: dreamweaver v.s. wordpress
by on Mar 29, 2010 at 8:54:11 pm

Dreamweaver has some useful behaviors to manage a database, you can create a dynamic website without manually placing any code, but you will still need to understand how databases work and if you get into a problem you'll need to get your hands dirty with the code anyway.

Using a CMS like wordpress can be the solution for you, since you have a friend that already know how to use it. But if you get ambitious about the look and feel you will have to get into CSS no matter what.

Personally I'll start learning CSS, then a programming language, since the learning curve is shorter for CSS (I think).

I hope this helps

*Always share a link to your site and rate the posts. This is a free service for you and for us.

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved