FORUMS: list search recent posts

shooting video for website use

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlos Castilloshooting video for website use
by on Mar 22, 2010 at 10:29:04 pm

Pardon my vast ignorance, but I recently came across a website animated with video. All the principals of the company are seated but obviously "alive," meaning they're fidgeting around. Then when you click on each person in the chair. the person gets up and talks, giving a short spiel about the company. Here's the website if anyone cares to see what I'm talking about:

-What type of software is used to get this effect?

-I'm planning to shoot the video, so can you give me a short explanation of how I need to do this and maybe a resource (book, blog, forum post--whatever) so that I can better understand what I'm getting into?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

System: MacPro dual core 2.66 GHz, 2 GB RAM, AJA I/O, OS 10.4.1. FCP Studo 5.1.4

Return to posts index

Fernando MolRe: shooting video for website use
by on Mar 22, 2010 at 11:01:04 pm

The site is a normal web site, the people is placed in a div in front of the site inside a flash movie.

The flash movie has a transparent background, this is, shooting in greenscreen then keying out, leaving the transparency in an alpha channel in the final video, placing the video inside a swf, then the swf inside the div, then the div in your page.

I will try to cover the fundaments:

-Shoot your subject in front of a well lighten green or blue background.
-Double check your subject doesn't use any clothes with the same color of the background (blue jeans in front of a blue bg).
-Keep your subject away from your background.
-Use different lights for your subject and your background. Avoid shadows in your BG.
-Color is not that important for BG, it's just that green is easy to key out because humans are usually not green.
-Different softwares have different ways to key out the bg color.
-Export your movie to a Flash compatible format, including the transparent alpha channel.
-Place your movie inside a Flash project.
-Publish your .swa file.
-Create a div in your web page.
-Place the swf.
-Read this thread

I hope this helps

*Always share a link to your site and rate the posts. This is a free service for you and for us.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved