FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to change the appearance of videos imported from vimeo, youtube...

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Belen Zahera
how to change the appearance of videos imported from vimeo, youtube...
on Mar 17, 2010 at 2:04:50 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm creating a website (with iweb) and I want to add some videos that are already uploaded to vimeo/youtube. Everything works well but I wonder if it's possible to change the appearance of them on my website. I don't want them to have the vimeo logo on them, apart from the fact that I don't really like their original frames. Is there any chance to change this?

Thanks a lot!!!!

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
Re: how to change the appearance of videos imported from vimeo, youtube...
on Mar 17, 2010 at 2:57:26 pm

hello...

if you're using a free service to host your videos, you have to put up with their promos in the videos... :-/

sitruc

Return to posts index

Fernando Mol
Re: how to change the appearance of videos imported from vimeo, youtube...
on Mar 17, 2010 at 3:49:15 pm

There's a way to change some aspects of the look of the player in both, VIMEO and Youtube.

In VIMEO, when you click the Embed button, a window opens. At the bottom you can change size, color and some info for the player. Youtube gives you similar options.

VIMEO also have VIMEO PLUS, with a much more flexible player and without the ads, but for a cost. Look here to find more info. I don't know if Youtube has a similar service.

Curtis is right, nothing is really free. They give you the option to use the service, but the cost of maintain such sites must come from somewhere. Usually advertising.

If you don't pay anything to them then all you can say is thanks. Same here!

Thanks all.

*Always share a link to your site and rate the posts. This is a free service for you and for us.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]