FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash CS3: how to make the background react on buttons?

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marga Doek
Flash CS3: how to make the background react on buttons?
on Mar 13, 2010 at 1:07:05 am

Hi, I have 4, stage filling, background images (940x800px) forming 1 long stretched continues image, that I want to move through the screen ones you push a button (btn1 - part 1 of background image, btn2 - 2nd part of background image etc.).

My question is; Is there a video tutorial in which the code is explained or do you know the code on how to make the background react on a button? Any tips or links will help since I have no idea what this kind of action is called ^_^

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Jameson Wallace
Re: Flash CS3: how to make the background react on buttons?
on Mar 14, 2010 at 10:06:32 pm

Sounds like you are missing some general background info. Not sure if there is a tutorial that shows you how to do exactly what you are trying to do.

A small amount of education on using buttons to control timelines of movie clips should give you the toolset to accomplish your goal. You will have to abstract a bit to figure out how the .gotoAndPlay() and other basic functions add up to create the animation you want to make happen. But it sounds like you want something pretty simple.

| Jameson Wallace
| Motion Graphics Festival
| New Motion + New Sound + New Code
| http://MGFest.com

Return to posts index

Fernando Mol
Re: Flash CS3: how to make the background react on buttons?
on Mar 16, 2010 at 5:00:44 am

This tutorial may be helpful

*Always share a link to your site and rate the posts. This is a free service for you and for us.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]