FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for a different way to present downloads

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy GarchowLooking for a different way to present downloads
by on Mar 10, 2010 at 7:16:28 pm

As of right now, we simply upload via ftp to our website and give our clients a link. The link is the generic list webpage from our server.

It works fine, but lately, we have been getting a lot of complaints, and I think it's due to it's over simplification. If you give people a link to a directory with multiple files, some of them have no idea that you can download those files and they simply watch them in their browser. It ends up biting us in the butt because people then say they can't take the files with them, when they can, or they can't read the whole name of the file because half of it is named "..." and if they realized if they down loaded the file or looked at the name of the resulting web page, they would see the name.

Is there some sort of web/file/video interface that makes this easier?

I know there's Media Batch from Marco Solario and team. Is there anything else out there like this?

Is there a simple way to program an html page that can add a download button and use that as a template across multiple directories, and also allow us to change the amount of files? That is, I don't want to have a template for 20 files when we only need to present 2.

I want to keep it very simple, but also help to point people in the right direction. I know this can create a lot of complexity to manage simplicity. Any suggestions?

Apologies if this is the wrong forum to post this and thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Fernando MolRe: Looking for a different way to present downloads
by on Mar 16, 2010 at 5:02:55 am

Google for "PHP upload download script"

there are tons

*Always share a link to your site and rate the posts. This is a free service for you and for us.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved