FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quicktime playback problems with Chrome and Firefox

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith BettsQuicktime playback problems with Chrome and Firefox
by on Mar 10, 2010 at 1:02:05 am

Having playback problems with video files on my web site. They play fine in Safari but not in Chrome or Firefox. In those browsers only the audio plays. The player window remains solid white with no video! I'm been doing all of this on an Intel iMac. The very same computer on which I created the site. Other people tell me my site works fine with those browsers on their computers. Could it be preferences or settings for those browsers on my computer? I obviously need consistent performance of my site with all major browsers. Any ideas or suggestions? I'm definitely not a webmaster so be gentle with me. This issue is driving me crazy!

Return to posts index

Fernando MolRe: Quicktime playback problems with Chrome and Firefox
by on Mar 12, 2010 at 2:55:35 pm

If you post a link to your site we'll be able to test it.

*Always share a link to your site and rate the posts. This is a free service for you and for us.

Return to posts index

Keith BettsRe: Quicktime playback problems with Chrome and Firefox
by on Mar 12, 2010 at 6:46:12 pm

Since my initial post I've changed most of the embedded video files to file downloads instead. They seem to work properly with Firefox on my Intel iMac. However my home page still contains an embedded video file that should play automatically upon entering my site. Can you confirm that it does? I still prefer embedded video files to file downloads because you never have to leave the site design to view the videos. I've incuded a link to my site. It's still a work in progress. Thanks.

http://www.movingimagesmutimedia.com

Return to posts index

Fernando MolRe: Quicktime playback problems with Chrome and Firefox
by on Mar 12, 2010 at 7:44:12 pm

The link is broken.

*Always share a link to your site and rate the posts. This is a free service for you and for us.

Return to posts index

Keith BettsRe: Quicktime playback problems with Chrome and Firefox
by on Mar 12, 2010 at 8:21:46 pm

I typed my complete domain name and selected the hyperlink icon. Try this.

http://www.movingimagesmultimedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]