FORUMS: list search recent posts

e-payments

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Williams
e-payments
on Feb 26, 2010 at 4:32:24 pm

Hi gents,
Just pooped over from the dreamweaver forum with a question.

I have a quesiton regarding payemnts made over the internet. I am led to believe that this can be done through the company in quesiton which is paypoint.

What i have been asked to do, is set up a page on a site which submits to the paypoint website somehow. Having never done this before, i am not sure i understand the data flow of this type of transaction, could someone please explain it to me.

In my head, i have it as, creating a form on a page within the root, this form submits information to a secure server page supplied by paypoint, the data is used and submitted, an email is generated back to the consumer to confrim their purchase, then back we come to the site again..?

Richard Williams
p.s. Please remember to rate our post replies and tick if solved. Also, please remember that we here are NOT employed by Adobe, we do this out of love and fun, so its always nice to recieve a Please and Thank You! :o)

Return to posts index

Jameson Wallace
Re: e-payments
on Feb 26, 2010 at 5:04:21 pm

sounds like you have the general flow correct.

if you are sending sensitive info like creditcard numbers, I think you have to establish a secure connection before showing the form, or else the form will be posted insecurely. (i think)

usually the payment vendor sends the confirmation email, but if not, then php's mail() should do it.

most payment vendors will redirect the user back post-payment with some form variable that indicate if they canceled or not. then usually the payment vendor will send a second post to a page on your site once the payment confirms. the second post doesn't follow the user, but should include post vars indicating which user and how much they paid.

| Jameson Wallace
| Motion Graphics Festival
| New Motion + New Sound + New Code
| http://MGFest.com

Return to posts index

Richard Williams
on Feb 26, 2010 at 5:30:20 pm

Thanks very much.

So if i have this right, all i actually need to do is create a normal HTML form with some option on it, such as number of adult tickets number of children tickets etc.
Calculate the total price in a field. then submit this info to the paypoint accound id and they will pick it up from there?

there is alot of info on this for paypal, but not paypoint... has anyone used paypoint before?

Richard Williams
p.s. Please remember to rate our post replies and tick if solved. Also, please remember that we here are NOT employed by Adobe, we do this out of love and fun, so its always nice to recieve a Please and Thank You! :o)

Return to posts index

Richard Williams
on Mar 15, 2010 at 8:06:39 pm

Just to say that i have now got to grips with Paypoint payments. There is very little info out there on the web to do with Paypoint, so if anyone is looking and they come across this thread, im here fully up to speed with it now so leave a message on this thread and i can help.

Richard Williams

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]