FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with Flash & FLVs on website

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron HaymanProblems with Flash & FLVs on website
by on Jan 25, 2010 at 1:56:14 am

On my site I have an element that's an SWF that appears inside of a div. Inside of that SWF there are some buttons that each activate an FLV movie player to appear. I've had two different problems with the FLV video elements on these web pages.

These are the two pages in question:

1) When viewed in Firefox (but not Safri) the FLV that poops up upon the button push appears in a differnt spot than intended. It appears halfway off of the DIV that it rests in and doesn't display the video, just the sound. Oddly enough until just now (I tested it before on the same computer) the second one of my pages (the one with the 4 different videos) was fine and just the first one (the one with just one video) didn't display properly. Now it seems that neither of them are working properly.

2) The video players (when they were indeed coming up properly) obscure the javascript drop-down menus in the div above, when the page is viewed in Firefox on a PC (no problem on the mac). I tried giving the div that contains the javascript menu a high z-index number and the div with the video player in it below and negative z-index number, but that had no effect.

I'm really stumped with both of these issues...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Return to posts index

Fernando MolRe: Problems with Flash & FLVs on website
by on Jan 30, 2010 at 5:45:58 am

The problem is inside your Flash file. You should better try in the Flash forum. Most probably you'll get help there.

*Always share a link to your site and rate the posts. This is a free service for you and for us.

Return to posts index

Aaron HaymanRe: Problems with Flash & FLVs on website
by on Jan 30, 2010 at 5:50:50 am

Thanks, I'll do that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved