FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to send bulk email Not sure where to post this.

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
christina rule
How to send bulk email Not sure where to post this.
on Jan 5, 2010 at 3:15:39 pm

Not sure if this is that right forum to post on but I figure I'd give it a shot. If anyone knows of a more appropriate forum please please let me know!

I am trying to set up something for a salon and spa. What they would like to do is send out coupons to all of their clients(which is 3000 and growing) once a week. We have all of the clients emails in our booking system. Now the software we use allows us to send out bulk emails no problem. The issue is our internet service(comcast business) limits us on sending 999 emails an hour. I've tried seeing if there was anything in the software that allows us to only send 999 emails an hour until all of the 3000 emails were sent, unfortunately there is nothing.

I need so suggestions on what to do.
I am willing to hire someone if anyone knows anyone!

http://www.christinarule.com

Return to posts index

Jameson Wallace
Re: How to send bulk email Not sure where to post this.
on Jan 5, 2010 at 5:00:35 pm

Best thing to do is use a mail service like YesMail or Constant Contact.

Throttling and scheduling email delivery is a server-side task. Usually done with cron jobs, but can be accomplished in most any server-side scripting language (php, etc).

| Jameson Wallace
| Motion Graphics Festival
| New Motion + New Sound + New Code
| http://MGFest.com

Return to posts index

christina rule
on Jan 5, 2010 at 5:03:46 pm

Hey Jameson,
Constant Contact looks great... I was hesitant in getting a company like this only because we are constantly adding new emails into our system. We keep all of the clients info together... so having to constantly go back and forth from our system to an email marketing system would just be a pain, not to say that it's totally out of the question though.

the best solution in my mind would have a something that when i send out 3000+ emails in a way filters it so it only sends 999 of the 3000 until it reaches the 3000 emails.... not sure if that's possible...

http://www.christinarule.com

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
on Jan 5, 2010 at 5:30:39 pm

hello...

[christina rule] "the best solution in my mind would have a something that when i send out 3000+ emails in a way filters it so it only sends 999 of the 3000 until it reaches the 3000 emails.."

the only "it" that you can control in your equation is your current booking system - if you can't configure it to do that (which it sounds like you can't, but would be a case of reading any documentation that came with that product), then you'll have to find a new "it", which would be a 3rd party service like constant contact or a custom-written in-house solution that could throttle sends...

there is probably a pretty easy way to export a list of emails from your booking system (again - that's a research thing in the docs there) and then most email services allow easy ways to import those lists back in, so the process is not that painful if only done monthly or so...

sitruc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]