FORUMS: list search recent posts

php help for joomla template created with artisteer

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Crystelle Dalla Bettaphp help for joomla template created with artisteer
by on Dec 23, 2009 at 1:55:43 am

Apparently when you create a template in Artisteer, you must "turn on" the edit icon so that when a user logs in to the front end of the Joomla page they can edit articles.

The template I choose, and then edited in Dreamweaver, obviously had these icons "turned off". I need them on.

I cannot download Artisteer to redo (or make my own) the template as I'm on a Mac (and their beta version is junk and won't download).

After doing some research, it seems that the edit icons can be added to the default php file. I know html and css quite well, but not php.

Does anyone know anything about this and can give me the code to put into my functions.php file for this template so that you can edit a joomla article from the front end?

Return to posts index

Jameson WallaceRe: php help for joomla template created with artisteer
by on Dec 24, 2009 at 4:37:49 am

hey there, thinking about this a bit.

it's pretty unlikely that someone can remotely write a script for you to drop into the default.php.
Maybe someone has that kind of line by line memory of that particular view file of that particular component.

seems like the best way to go about it would be:

if the "edit buttons" are turned on in the joomla interface and assigned to one of the module positions, then the HTML should be sent to the template. from your description it sounds like it's more a matter of the template not displaying the feature your looking for, than the component view not spitting it out.

if indeed that is the case, then you would need to:
1) use firebug or some such rendered html crawler to find the edit buttons and sniff out the css that is making them hidden.

2) use some javascript framework (or carefully placed <style> tag) to set the display of the portion of the page where where the edit buttons exist.

in jQuery it would be something like:

| Jameson Wallace
| Motion Graphics Festival
| New Motion + New Sound + New Code

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved