FORUMS: list search recent posts

Image going off the page in IE 6, 7 & 8

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rahul PriyadarshiImage going off the page in IE 6, 7 & 8
by on Sep 27, 2009 at 9:29:38 pm

I have made a website called http://www.printbypremier.com. Their is problem
in IE that my images in the center are going off the pages towards right. I was trying to put it under div but it was either overlapping the text below. There is also a gap between the menu bar and the image in IE.
How to fix that? How can I define it inside a Div?

Is their any way that I can fix the header in html or I can do that in PHP only?

Thanks
Rahul

Return to posts index

Fernando MolRe: Image going off the page in IE 6, 7 & 8
by on Sep 30, 2009 at 8:56:09 pm

Did you fix it? I don't see the problem right now.

Tested in Firefox, IE8 and IE7 on Vista64.

*Remember to share a link to your site and to rate the posts. This is a free service for you and for us.

Return to posts index

Rahul PriyadarshiRe: Image going off the page in IE 6, 7 & 8
by on Oct 1, 2009 at 1:59:54 am

Yes. I think it's kind of temporary solution. I went back and checked my code and saw because of one div it was not working so I deleted that and created a new div and put the image inside that. Still I would like to know how to align images like my site in center and the menu bar on the top and it don't show any gap between them in IE ? Plus is their any other way to make a header file separately and call them all other files so that if I have make any changes in header I don't have to go page by page? I know it can be done in PHP. I hardly worked in PHP and whatever html I have learn was by myself and with the help of one guy.IE always gave me headache.

Return to posts index

Fernando MolRe: Image going off the page in IE 6, 7 & 8
by on Oct 1, 2009 at 1:31:25 pm

The PHP way is very easy. You just need a few things running:

Your server must allow you to use PHP

Your files must not have an .html extension, instead you must use .php

Create an external file with the code you want in.

In your actual file, place this line of code where you want your inserted code to be (in the example the external file is called "header.php").

<?php include ("header.php");?>

That's all.

If you don't want to use programming you can still update your header in multiple files. You can use a free editor like Notepad++ and in the search menu use the "search in files" tool. It can look and replace code in several documents at a time.

There are other ways to do it, like using SSI or templates, but I guess this two are good options for you.

About the gaps between elements in IE, there must be none. Just remember every browser uses it's own default CSS. A common technique is to clear all margins and paddings for every HTML tag (headers, list, paragraphs, etc.) Do it in your first rule and then define again for each one. This way you'll have control over all of your margin elements and it will be consistent in all browsers. Of course there are bugs with double margins in old IE and other issues, but you'll reduce the options if you start this way.

I hope this helps

*Remember to share a link to your site and to rate the posts. This is a free service for you and for us.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]