FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clickable video

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pat Hoover
Clickable video
on Sep 3, 2009 at 8:33:48 pm

I have a flv video of a spokesperson walking onto our site that I have contained in a div to float to float it correctly. I want the video itself to be clickable to link to our contacts section. I've been working on google all day trying to find a way to make the div it's contained in link to this? I've found a few onclick examples that just don't seem to work.

Another note is that I've read that the can't be linked using these methods, so it may be a moot point anyway.

Is this something I need to do in flash after I import the video and before I export it off? If so how do I go about this? Any alternatives to this?

Return to posts index

cowcowcow
Fernando Mol
Re: Clickable video
on Sep 4, 2009 at 4:01:11 am

Why don't you just place a transparent button in front of your video inside Flash?

You can also place an AP div in front of your flash and use the onclick event.

I hope this helps

*Remember to share a link to your site and to rate the posts. This is a free service for you and for us.

Return to posts index

Pat Hoover
on Sep 9, 2009 at 4:33:07 pm

I have the video in an ap div to easily position it exactly where we want the video. Am I able to place the same click effect in this?

Not quite sure on the format for onclick in a div. In some of the other things I've tried it was an on(release) or getURL type deal.

Sorry about the delay, wasn't able to check up on this until now.
http://www.3m3dformula.com Video I'm talking about is right on the homepage.

Return to posts index

Pat Hoover
on Sep 10, 2009 at 8:42:07 pm

Haven't found a solution for this issue yet.

Have tried a div tag with the ap id and an onclick event as well as an invisible button in flash with the actionscript to get url.

HTML
<div onclick="location.href='http://www.example.com';" style="cursor:pointer;"></div>

Flash tries:
_root.onMouseDown = function() {
getURL("contacts", "_self");
}

on(release){
getURL("page.htm", "_self");
}

Return to posts index

cowcowcow
Fernando Mol
on Sep 10, 2009 at 11:34:05 pm

And why don't you just create a button inside your flash movie? It can be a transparent one.

*Remember to share a link to your site and to rate the posts. This is a free service for you and for us.

Return to posts index

Pat Hoover
on Sep 14, 2009 at 7:38:41 pm

Yep, tried an invisible button. I bumped it around to AS 2 and 3 and tried the code posted in the earlier post. Wasn't able to get it to work.

Return to posts index

Pat Hoover
on Sep 16, 2009 at 4:45:38 pm

Solutions more of a flash deal. Posted in the flash forums. Thanks.

Return to posts index

George Adams
on Nov 23, 2009 at 11:26:43 am

Still in BETA but this... http://www.wirewax.com - which says you can put links in video/on video objects... perhaps worth a look

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]