FORUMS: list search recent posts

Internet Explorer Woes (and chrome)

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Crystelle Dalla Betta
Internet Explorer Woes (and chrome)
on Aug 18, 2009 at 6:32:13 pm

The site: dbshears.com

looks fine in firefox. exactly as it should.

However, there's two issues in IE.

One,the header won't show up. I tried reuploading it. It's only a jpg, which I specifically used for IE because personal experience told me jpgs work better in IE than .png and I didn't need to use .png.

And the nav bar. It is downloading the background images from the template I edited (used joomla for the site). these images have been deleted from the template's image folder and are still showing up. You can see in Firefox that I don't even use images for the nav bar, just a background color.

I also believe Chrome is not showing the header banner either...

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
Re: Internet Explorer Woes (and chrome)
on Aug 18, 2009 at 8:25:30 pm

hello...

wow. that is an insane amount of divs for what you're doing there. trying to go through it manually is very challenging...

you seem to have your header div and then 2 divs inside that, and both the header and one inside have the header img as the background. that aside, i think you might be able to do the quick fix by putting an absolute url path for your image in the background attribute for the header as opposed to the relative path...

hope that helps!

sitruc

Return to posts index

Crystelle Dalla Betta
on Aug 19, 2009 at 1:45:24 am

tell me about the divs! I'm so used to coding an entire site from the beginning and this is my first attempt at using joomla so I was editing a template.

I cleaned up some of the html/css and it seems to have taken care of the navigation bar some, although the hovers don't work. But the green is gone now. The header is still not showing up and i even got rid of the unnecessary divs and only have a "header" div now.

IE just screws everything up and is my arch nemesis.

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
on Aug 19, 2009 at 6:15:31 pm

hello...

[Crystelle Dalla Betta] "tell me about the divs!"

there are just a ton of 'em to do some very basic layouts, and i can't quite understand the reasoning behind that (not saying it's wrong - i would just do it another way, i guess)...

i really wouldn't blame ie - everybody says ie is at fault anytime there is a problem, but i've found over the years that i have just as many headaches trying to get things to work in other browsers as well...

sitruc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]