FORUMS: list search recent posts

Popup video

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pat HooverPopup video
by on Aug 13, 2009 at 7:39:54 pm

I'm having some issues with a popup window that I've been trying to have load when a visitor visits my webpage.

I want the popup to load after the page loads, be anchored to the bottom right of the page, no menubar, no statusbar, not scalable, etc etc.

The issues I'm running into are that I can't seem to figure out how to anchor it to the bottom of the page, and the bars don't seem to get removed even with coding.

I've done some searching and pieced together some of the code but most of the posts and info are out of date.

Sample code:
<title>Sample popups</title>
<script language="JavaScript">
function popupvideo(url,name)
new_window ='','3m3d','width=500,height=500,bottom=0,right=0,status=No,menubar=No,scrollbars=No,toolbar=No')
// -->
<body onLoad="popupvideo()">
Your new window will open when this document loads

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: Popup video
by on Aug 13, 2009 at 8:00:20 pm

well - a few things...

1. you're trying to open a popup window and align it to the lower right of a parent window. this is probably doable but i'm not 100% to be honest - never seen that type of request

2. by making it a popup that you're triggering on the page, you are probably going to launch the majority of popup blockers and your visitors will never see the video

3. popping up a separate window on load (even if it gets past blockers) is really not a very friendly way to welcome people to your page

you could try to put it in a div on the main page itself as opposed to a separate window popup - here's a sample of locking a div to the lower part of a page that can be modified to suit your needs...

hope that helps!

Return to posts index

Pat HooverRe: Popup video
by on Aug 13, 2009 at 8:22:42 pm

Thanks for the info. I've got the video locked in position and will be able to move it to the bottom right accordingly. Just need to work it into the current css.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved