FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating a Website

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

Mike ThoroeCreating a Website
by on Jul 23, 2009 at 5:23:39 pm

Hi All,

I'm looking for a little advice on creating a website,
I am a video editor and what to create a simple website to post my reel and a few other videos. I know there are alot ways to go about this,so I just wanted to see if i get some info on how to go about this.

any advice would be helpful

Return to posts index

Fernando MolRe: Creating a Website
by on Jul 23, 2009 at 5:57:05 pm

If you are an editor, hire a web designer.

If you have no money you can use free tools. You can upload your video to youtube and post it in a blog.

I hope this helps

Return to posts index

Mike SmithRe: Creating a Website
by on Jul 24, 2009 at 8:28:29 am

I'd go with Fernando's advice.

If this is a business promotional tool and you do not know web design really quite well. your own early efforts are not likely to do justice to your professional editing skills.

If you need a cheap (free) online demo reel space, of course the COW's own reels space could work for you.

Return to posts index

Tim TschudinRe: Creating a Website
by on Jul 24, 2009 at 1:42:30 pm

I'm also a video guy and I just created my first site. It took a long time and was very painful and frustrating. If you have time and no money than get some books, maybe some training discs and go for it. If you don't have the time and money, than take Fernando's advice and have a web person do it for you.

Tim Tschudin
Presiden/Creative Director
Fence Post Creative

Return to posts index

John CruzRe: Creating a Website
by on Jul 28, 2009 at 7:45:00 pm

i agree with the first answer to the post in that you should concentrate on your video editing skills and leave the website creation to the pros. go to places like craigslist or elance to find designers that fit what you have in mind to showcase your reel. i'm sure you can negotiate reasonable rates that won't bust your budget...or even better, how about bartering services?

if you can't afford to pay for any web design, go the youtube/revver route where you upload your videos and then embed them into a wordpress blog. trust me--it's too easy to set up and maintain a wordpress blog. post regularly so you'll get constant traffic interested in hearing what you have to say.

though youtube is the more popular video site, revver has an income model where you get paid by the number of times your video gets clicked. i don't know specifics but you should check this option out...oh, and don't rule out adsense so you can monetize your blog!

hope this helps...

--John C

-- href="">John C

Return to posts index

Gary KrboyanRe: Creating a Website
by on Sep 24, 2009 at 12:09:30 am

I am not a pro at designing a website by all means, but I still manage. The best way to do it if you are not sure which route to go is to upload it to Then, when you are viewing your video, you can just copy and paste the link to your site and the video should play. The best part is YouTube has multiple colors for the player you can choose. Additionally, you wont have to bog down your server for such a thing since youtube will hold it for you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved