FORUMS: list search recent posts

Gift Certificate system

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Blake BaxendellGift Certificate system
by on Jul 2, 2009 at 1:47:41 pm

I'm seeing if anyone knows of a good program a way about doing this Gift Certificate system. I have a client who wants a Electronic Gift Certificate system that customers can put in whatever amount they want on it and then the form will generate a random number to put on the Gift Certificate and include all the information on the form with it. I have found some payed programs for it. The best I found so far charges $100 to do and takes a 5% commission per transaction. This would not be bad if the commission was like 3%.

Thanks for any help provided,

Return to posts index

Fernando MolRe: Gift Certificate system
by on Jul 4, 2009 at 3:00:23 am

I don't understand why you have to pay a percentage of every certificate used.

Return to posts index

Blake BaxendellRe: Gift Certificate system
by on Jul 6, 2009 at 12:27:13 pm

Well, we are trying to go through a company and do it. If I knew how to design it myself I would. I've been trying to find code on how to get a gift certificate to take the price that the customer set and automatically pop it up with a ready made print gift certificate. The site we looked at was it charges a 5% commission on each gift certificate. It is just like the bank charging 2.5-3% for their credit card processing fees too.

Return to posts index

Fernando MolRe: Gift Certificate system
by on Jul 6, 2009 at 1:37:24 pm

If you have an online shop all you need to do is to add another product (your gift certificate) and a generator for the confirmation number.

But I guess you don't have one and your provider is offering you the payment method service. This should be the reason why they are charging some money. The word is: security.

There's not a simple copy/paste script to do all the job of a full shop site.

Take a look at paypal to get an idea of the percentages they charge for their service. This will be a good reference for you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved