FORUMS: list search recent posts

Embed audio/video that the client can update

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan FlynnEmbed audio/video that the client can update
by on Jun 30, 2009 at 3:43:41 pm

I'm designing a site for an audio production company in HTML/CSS. In the portfolio section of the site various audio/video clips will be shown. The client needs the site to be made in such a way that they can easily add audio/video clips after I've handed over the finished product?

I dont know if this is a stupid question or not, but whats the best way for me to do this?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Return to posts index

Fernando MolRe: Embed audio/video that the client can update
by on Jun 30, 2009 at 3:58:54 pm

I don't know about the best way for you, because it will depend on the tools you know and the budget you have.

For me, the way to go would be to create an administrator section to edit the content and upload the videos using PHP and a database. That would give me control over the final design and the security of the page. But that's for me. Other people would prefer to create a playlist and have an admin section to upload videos and generate an XML file for the playlist.

Usually clients want to have control over content because they want to spend the money only one time in the site. I usually give them two budgets, one showing the CMS option and another with the plain design and a monthly fee for updates.

There are other ways to go, perhaps Contribute, but I haven't used it so I can't comment.

Return to posts index

Dan FlynnRe: Embed audio/video that the client can update
by on Jul 1, 2009 at 11:00:01 am

Thanks a million for your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved