FORUMS: list search recent posts what do you think ?

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frederick what do you think ?
by on Jun 5, 2009 at 8:13:53 am

Hey all,

just thought I'd share my new website with you all to get your opinions. It's basically a short film and special effects website.

I'm afraid it's all in french, but I was hoping the non french-speakers could wonder around and tell me what they think of the design itself?

Also if you go into "Effets Spéciaux" you don't need to speak french to watch a few effects.

Anyway here's the link :

Return to posts index

Fernando MolRe: what do you think ?
by on Jun 5, 2009 at 1:34:30 pm

Just with a fast look...

Your site has a nice clean monochrome palette, but the images are too colorful they call too much attention for themselves. This kind of contrast can be good in art or photography sites, but I think it's better for your site to have a more integrated look.

I have to say the clear monochrome scheme is too peaceful. Maybe that's what you want, but I guess adding a little more contrast can make the site more "action" like.

White space (Grey space here) is good to keep the clean feeling, but maybe you can reduce it a little in some spots.

I can see a good balance between flash animations and searchable content.

The links section could be a little more descriptive.

The Equipe section is well organized, but suddenly you totally depend on the back button to navigate from character to character.

In general a pleasant site to see.

Return to posts index

Frederick CavenderRe: what do you think ?
by on Jun 5, 2009 at 2:06:44 pm

Thanks a lot for your feedback !

Indeed the pictures do call a lot of attention, and that was kind of what I wad going for. Especially since the whole design is greyscale, the images are the only things to give it color, but maybe a little too much :)

I tend to often make my sites too "peaceful" and flat, or at least I get it a lot. I just can't seem to change myself :)

You're completely right about having to use the back button in some sections, meaning I should either add miniatures of the others along the bottom of the page you're in, or next / previous buttons.

Thanks for you're input.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved