FORUMS: list search recent posts

DWSC4--need to make floating scrolling box (slideshow?)

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rachael swinkDWSC4--need to make floating scrolling box (slideshow?)
by on May 25, 2009 at 6:35:12 pm

i am a graphic designer and have created a very simple static website for my portfolio work that i have updated over the years. (i always stumble my way through golive/dreamweaver just enough to show my work to prospective clients/employers.) with the new DW software available now i assume there are easy ways to make a presentable website for even non gurus like myself. currently my site scrolls thru "pages." meaning i have to create a page and link each time i add artwork. as the years and my works progresses and multiplies i find my eyes crossing.

i want to update it to something clean and simple. (see jpeg example at following link)

basically i just want a "floating box slideshow (?)" that i can continuously update while looking clean and simple.
any ideas on links, templates, java code, etc? much thx in advance for any help and patience.

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: DWSC4--need to make floating scrolling box (slideshow?)
by on May 25, 2009 at 7:03:23 pm

first bit of knowledge to pass along - java and javascript are 2 entirely different things:

as for your slide show, there are a lot of options - if you use flickr, this is a good one:

or otherwise, search our archives (this topic comes up often) or you can browse through these:

modifying any one of them to suit your needs would require knowledge of javascript, even with dreamweaver, i believe...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved