FORUMS: list search recent posts

Add Common Player Skin to MP4s in a batch

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Blair
Add Common Player Skin to MP4s in a batch
on May 8, 2009 at 7:39:13 pm

We encode a lot of video but typically hand it off to agencies or web design companies that then embed or link to it on websites.

We have a need to be able to embed a bunch of MP4 files we've encoded onto web pages using flash (preferably in a batch rather than one at a time). We've found several ways of going about it, but none are very intuitive or streamlined. We own Adobe Flash CS3, but nobody on our staff has ever used it...and while I've done some tutorials, I'm pretty much lost on it.

We've used the JW Player to add a skin and that works fine, but it's kind of a cumbersome process. We've also demod apps like the Wimpy Wasp publisher and Socusoft FLV publisher, which also work fine, but you have to do each video one at a time if you want each file to be a single file with player, and they're geared more toward creating playlists when you want to do mutliple files.

Is there any easier way to wrap multiple MP4 files into a common Flash Player without doing them one at a time and hand coding things??

I've spent hours online looking and have yet to find anything that will do it in a batch.

Thanks

Chris Blair
Magnetic Image, Inc.
Evansville, IN
http://www.videomi.com

Return to posts index

Fernando Mol
Re: Add Common Player Skin to MP4s in a batch
on May 14, 2009 at 9:47:32 pm

I don't know any 'packaged' solution for that.

Of course, it can be done dynamically. A folder to FTP your flv, a database for the names, snapshots and links, a CMS to update the database and the proper programming to load the information into your site and generate the playlist.

Ask your developer.

Return to posts index

Chris Blair
Re: Add Common Player Skin to MP4s in a batch
on May 14, 2009 at 10:04:41 pm

That's the problem. I'M the developer! The project isn't large enough to hire a web person. It's just a one-time deal. As noted, we know how to do it, it's just a pain. Since there are several apps out there that do it for single files (one at a time) and for creating playlists with dozens of videos, it just seemed natural that someone would've added the ability to load single files in a batch and have the program output the needed player files, folder structure, code etc. for each idividual file.

Thanks

Chris Blair
Magnetic Image, Inc.
Evansville, IN
http://www.videomi.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]