FORUMS: list search recent posts

email addy required

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Mackemail addy required
by on Apr 22, 2009 at 7:50:36 pm

Can anyone point me to where I can learn how to add an email form on a webpage so that a visitor can't get into my video on demand site unless they enter my email address?

Jeff

Return to posts index

Fernando MolRe: email addy required
by on Apr 27, 2009 at 11:23:27 pm

It's done with programming.

Do you know any language?

You can start with PHP, but there are other options.

Return to posts index

Jeff MackRe: email addy required
by on Apr 27, 2009 at 11:58:54 pm

Hi Fernando,

No I don't but I figured that would be the answer. I don't have the resources that it would take at this time to learn something like this. I'll probably just use a contact form that redirects them to the vod page. I was hoping there was maybe a canned code or something to do it.

Jeff

Return to posts index

Fernando MolRe: email addy required
by on Apr 28, 2009 at 12:03:20 am

The problem is you need to protect your actual video page for the people not to access directly from the link. Maybe you can emmbedd your video inside a flash movie and use some password like actionscript to protect the reproduction. Actionscript is still programming, but that single task should not be that difficult. If you want to explore that option you can ask in the Flash forum.

Return to posts index

Mike SmithRe: email addy required
by on Apr 28, 2009 at 2:59:05 pm

If you just want to require a password, which it seems like your email address would be serving as, you could do it with .htaccess probably - relatively simple ... http://www.javascriptkit.com/howto/htaccess3.shtml might start you off.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]