FORUMS: list search recent posts

website presenter

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jake Burnswebsite presenter
by on Mar 26, 2009 at 3:34:18 pm

We have been asked to create a 'video presenter' to front up a website. ie to put as a 'live' ovelay on the home page. I have looked around and then run some blue-screen tests, our results look very soft-focussed by comparison.

Has anyone got any tips on producing video for this type of application?

We produce a lot of .flv video for websites, but this is a new diversion and I wonder if there is a clear workflow we should follow.

Currently we are shooting blue screen with a Sony Z1 and keying with After Effects to export a Flash movie with alpha channel. This is then run in front of the other page content. But the resuls are not satisfactory.

Return to posts index

Fernando MolRe: website presenter
by on Mar 26, 2009 at 8:03:54 pm

I work on whatever format I have recoded, SD or HD (maybe you'll need it later for a DVD or a Demo Reel). No compression.

Then, with the final video, I reconvert it to the new resolution. No compression.

And finally, I compress the video.

It's very important to work with uncompressed video until the very end (if it's possible for your computer). Different codecs use different ways to sample the video and you can really mess the information within a file if you compress a compressed file. Be aware the NTSC DV format is a compressed one.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved