FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding a video to my site

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Rife
Adding a video to my site
on Mar 20, 2009 at 3:17:37 am

Hi, i have a few questions, I'm creating my a website which will have videos on them. I want to attach them but they aren't FLV files. I need to convert them but i don't think i have a program for it. Can you recommend a program which will do this? And then how do i attach this video? I'm not using an program for this site, just standard HTML.
Thanks,
Alex

Return to posts index

Fernando Mol
Re: Adding a video to my site
on Mar 21, 2009 at 3:09:35 am

Some video editors can export FLV format. Are you willing to buy a converter or you're looking for free software?

I don't think you can just place a FLV directly into HTML because you need extra files to make it work (the swf controls and a little javascript for IE bugs).

Some software export the FLV already with the necessary files. Do you have any "video for web" related software?

Return to posts index

Alex Rife
on Mar 24, 2009 at 2:38:43 am

Well right now i don't have any software for this; what kind of software would you recommend, right now i think I'll start off with free software, but whats the difference between the two. Does it have better quality, an easier interface? And is there software with customizable skins?

Thanks for your time,
Alex

Return to posts index

Fernando Mol
on Mar 24, 2009 at 4:18:46 am

I'll recommend you to watch this podcast:

http://podcasts.creativecow.net/after-effects-tutorials-podcast/an-introduc...

It's a great introduction to video compression for the web.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]