FORUMS: list search recent posts

JPEG Watermarking

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jennifer BeckwithJPEG Watermarking
by on Feb 16, 2009 at 6:50:11 pm

I'm looking for a watermark solution. Hoping someone can help me out.

I have a JPEG image that I want to post to my website at a very high resolution. What would be the best approach/method?

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: JPEG Watermarking
by on Feb 16, 2009 at 8:35:24 pm

you can easily achieve this in photoshop - were you looking for some sort of automated technique on a website for multiple images?

here's an example of a photoshop solution:

hope that helps...

Return to posts index

Jennifer BeckwithRe: JPEG Watermarking
by on Feb 19, 2009 at 12:40:34 am

Thanks for the info Curtis.

But I'm looking for a watermark solution that will not compromise the image on my website. Is there a way to electronically embed a code to watermark the image with?

Not sure if this exists, but ideally I'm looking for something that will dumb down the image if someone where to grab the image from my website.

Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Fernando MolRe: JPEG Watermarking
by on Feb 19, 2009 at 1:40:50 am

Here are a couple of ways to do what you want (I guess).

An old trick using tables is to position a 1 pixel transparent gif inside of a cell, scale it to the size of your image and put your real image as a background. If someone click and drag they'll get the transparent gif.

If you use CSS, you can create a div, give it an ID and write rules for the size and the background image.

People can always take a screen picture and paste it in paint, but, at least you'll make them lost a couple of minutes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved