FORUMS: list search recent posts

web site upgrade

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bernard Ageebweb site upgrade
by on Jan 6, 2009 at 3:29:45 pm

Happy New years, We do video productions in the Bahamas lots of wedding and i want to get a website put together data base driven where i can change and add videos etc. Do you know of web company who do this stuff. I know there is lots out on the web, but i don't know what to look for. Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: web site upgrade
by on Jan 6, 2009 at 4:18:10 pm

You could always look in our Services Directory under web. I'm sure there's lots of companies in there that could help.

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: web site upgrade
by on Jan 6, 2009 at 5:24:07 pm

this is a tricky one - there are a ton of companies out there and quite frankly, a lot of them don't have your best interests at heart. they will up-sell you like crazy and get you into something that you really don't need.

you have a slight advantage here in that you want a website that is a very common type of website out there. my best recommendation to you would be:

1. browse the net and find a few sites that you really like that have a few different types of feature sets (so a more basic site and a fancier one with more sections and video and the likes - the more examples you can find of ones that you like and don't like, the better)

2. find a local (or relatively local) web company if you can and approach them with your set of sites and any other requirements you can come up with. get estimates and thoughts from at least 2-3 companies if possible

at that point you'll have a better idea of your options - but finding a company not in your area or that doesn't understand your needs and tries to get you to spend more than you want is definitely a route you might want to avoid...

hope that helps! :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved