FORUMS: list search recent posts

How Do I Link my Blog When it Comes Up in a Search?

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Hughes
How Do I Link my Blog When it Comes Up in a Search?
on Dec 11, 2008 at 3:40:28 pm

We're a large production company that does primarily weddings. When we complete an edit, and specifically a short highlight, we put it on our blog and give a credit and link to the professionals we worked with, ie the venue, the planner, the photographer. When someone does a google search for that vendor, often our blog comes up within the first page or two of the search. The problem is whether you click on the heading or the cached, it doesn't seem to actually take you to our blog. It takes you to a monumental list of every vendor we've ever mentioned on our blog. Of course, what I would like is for it to take you to our blog. Any advice to make this happen would be greatly appreciated. The blog is http://www.thomashughesfilms.com/blog. It's as though it takes you to a work page on our blog rather than the actual blog.

To see what I'm experiencing, do a Google search for "Cassandra Santor" (use the quotes). Go to the top of the second page and you'll see our blog. Click on the heading or on Cached.

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
Re: How Do I Link my Blog When it Comes Up in a Search?
on Dec 11, 2008 at 4:06:27 pm

hello...

unfortunately you can't tell a search engine what to link to - they will link to what their bots found on your site.. :-/

you could turn off the rss feed if you thought nobody was using it - then they would at least not find it there...

sorry to not have a better answer!

sitruc

Return to posts index

Abraham Chaffin
Re: How Do I Link my Blog When it Comes Up in a Search?
on Dec 11, 2008 at 4:12:39 pm

Looks like Google bot likes your RSS feed more than your page...
Try putting this tag in the top of the rss feed

<meta name="robots" content="noindex" />

<meta name="googlebot" CONTENT="noarchive" />

You can also use the robots.txt file and address the rss feed to be disallowed:

http://www.robotstxt.org/robotstxt.html

Abraham

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]