FORUMS: list search recent posts

web hosting

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kristin Abney
web hosting
on Dec 5, 2008 at 6:28:45 pm

I am not a web designer by any strectch of the imagination but I am starting my own business and decided to use iWeb to create my site and save some cash. I was wondering if anyone has recommendations for web hosting or if I need a place that supports mac specifically. I've noticed some hosting companies advertise Windows support but I hardly ever see Mac support advertised. All help is appreciated! Thanks

Return to posts index

Abraham Chaffin
Re: web hosting
on Dec 5, 2008 at 6:38:29 pm

If you're going to use iWeb, I'd suggest staying with the work flow Apple recommends for this service being Mobile Me:

http://www.apple.com/ilife/tutorials/#iweb-publish-60

From my understanding you can upload your content to another provider but it is simpler to use the complementary hosting service to iWeb.

Abraham

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
Re: web hosting
on Dec 5, 2008 at 7:10:04 pm

hello...

[Kristin Abney] "I've noticed some hosting companies advertise Windows support but I hardly ever see Mac support advertised"

what they are referring to is the server platform that is used to host your files - most use unix, but others offer windows as well. if you use windows, you can get fancy with using asp and front page extensions, etc. etc., but any computer can connect to any kind of server - all you'll be doing is ftp'ing up your files, and at that point the platform that you or the server are is moot...

if you use iweb then your os x box will have the same sort of advantages that i referenced above wrt windows and frontpage, but again - not necessary for you to use them.

sitruc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]