FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question to the Overlay Window

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Isabel AlineQuestion to the Overlay Window
by on Oct 27, 2008 at 2:47:27 pm

Hi there,

first of all, thanks for this wonderful script about the Overlay Window. I am just a beginner in programming, so I was wondering if someone could help me with mouseover images in the Overlay Window. I am showing projects on my website and want them to be seen in the Overlay Window. The mouseover images should navigate between the projects, so that the visitor doesn´t need to open the Overlay Window again and again.

My question now is, can someone help me with the scripting? The normal function for mouseover images in Dreamweaver doesent work in the innerhtml section.

I would really appreciate help! Thanks a lot,

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: Question to the Overlay Window
by on Oct 30, 2008 at 10:18:09 pm

Hey Isabel,

You can paste any HTML code you want to use into the innerhtml section if you make sure you are escaping the single quote or double quote mark that is used to wrap the code. I suggest you view the source code and do it from a source code level so you know what is being used rather than using Dreamweaver.

If you look at the code it says something like thediv.innerHTML = "HTML CODE"

The HTML CODE there is surrounded by two double quotes. So as long as whatever the HTML CODE is doesn't have another double quote in it you should be fine. Or if you must use a double quote you can use a backslash to escape that character. Most of the time you can replace any double quotes you might have in your code with single quotes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved