FORUMS: list search recent posts

What to ask when hiring a web manager?

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff HerringWhat to ask when hiring a web manager?
by on Oct 20, 2008 at 5:41:02 pm

Our Department has grown to the point where we need to hire a webpage manager/designer/editor..
I've seen the resumes an they all list, Flash, Dreamweaver, Various programing languages...

Is it proper to ask for a sample of work (either a CD or a list of websites)? or is it a taboo?
I work with commercial production and your resume isn't a piece of paper, it's a demo reel of your work.. does Web Design work the same way?

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: What to ask when hiring a web manager?
by on Oct 20, 2008 at 5:47:24 pm

if you are hiring a designer, then by all means it is recommended that you ask for a list of sites and/or a gallery. in addition (as with your industry, i'm sure), it's critical to find out _exactly_ what the candidate in question actually did on the project...

if they will be coding anything for you, it's also an option to give them a coding test. alas, if nobody in your office knows the right answers, it's trickier, but if somebody says (for example) that they know javascript, it's very appropriate to give them some js coding questions to see how they do. you can find some with answers here:

and also, this might be helpful to you:

good luck hiring - your position is a tricky one to fill... :-/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved