FORUMS: list search recent posts

adding video to webpage

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Pimenteladding video to webpage
by on Oct 16, 2008 at 5:57:57 am

I am trying to add video to a webpage and have been successful with a .mp4 file I rendered in Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 8 that was captured in AVCHD. The code I added to the webpage utilized Quicktime. I didn't really like the look or the quality.

How should I render the AVCHD in Sony Vegas to maintain the high video quality for posting on my webpage. I do not want the video to have to completely download prior to playing. I would like to utilize Adobe Flash Player on my website just like the following weblink:

Do I need to convert the video to an .swf file in order to to this? What type of file should I create in Sony Vegas and then what do I need to do with that file. If I need to convert to an .swf what would I use to do that? What html coding would I need to recreate something very similar to the above link.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: adding video to webpage
by on Oct 16, 2008 at 2:51:31 pm

The link you provided uses Flash CS3. You can use Adobe Flash to convert mov files and some other video formats to FLV (Flash Video) and then use Adobe Flash to create the player that will play the video online.

There are also some free programs or demo programs that you can get online that will convert many video formats to FLV. If you are doing this as a professional however I suggest you get Adobe Flash.

You can also play quicktime videos online. There's a little more info on doing this here:

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: adding video to webpage
by on Oct 16, 2008 at 2:55:26 pm

Additionally - there's some information on using CS3 to put videos online here:

Return to posts index

Luis CosmeRe: adding video to webpage
by on Oct 19, 2008 at 4:22:47 pm

I just started something similar yesterday and I think I'm cheating but it seems to work.
I put my completed video in Camtasia and selected share my work on the web.
It automatically creates a flash file that I put on my recently started site. The only thing is that the link opens in the same window. That's what initiated my search on the forum.

Can someone please tell me how to make my link pop up in a separate window?

In the mean time, I'm going to read on the links provided on this thread.

This is my site:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved