FORUMS: list search recent posts

automate web page creation

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Totoresautomate web page creation
by on Jul 15, 2008 at 9:19:01 am

I was wondering if it's possible to automate this process.

I have some pictures in two categories some called "inside_shot_1,2,3" etc and the others "outside_shot_1,2,3"
On the same page at the top I want to create a table with 1 row and 4 columns to house the inside_shot thumbs and at the bottom another table or row to house the "outside_shot".
Is it possible to automate the process where, it would build the page based on a template and inserting the indoor_shot and outdoor_shot in the appropriate table or row.
Is this too much to ask? do I need to do this manually? is there any other option I could use?
any help would be appreciated
I currently use thumbs plus to automate building pages with thumbs but I don't think i can do this with It.
Thank you

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: automate web page creation
by on Jul 15, 2008 at 3:39:49 pm

if you mean automate it one time for you to build, i can't really say (there are tons of gallery scripts out there, though)...if you mean dynamically going forward (i.e. the page builds itself dynamically with each request from a directory of images), then yup - any scripting language can do it, but it's beyond the scope of this forum to document how to do that...

something like this might help (not a member of experts exchange, so you'd have to sign up to see it and not sure if it's even solved for the person):

alternately, poke around the net and you should find lots of examples in a variety of scripting languages...

hope that helps!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved