FORUMS: list search recent posts

Titles and Meta Tags

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rebecca CooperTitles and Meta Tags
by on Jul 4, 2008 at 8:19:45 pm

I've been reading about meta tags and have learned that a lot of search engines have stopped using them because of spammers. Is this true? Do I still need to add them? If I do, where do I insert the code?

Also, I'm adding the title and want to know how search engines read those. Do they read parts of it, or the whole thing? Should I include the business name in the title or put on there just what we do? Right now I have: business title - what we do. Will the search engine "robots" pick up the different parts of that?

Thanks in advance.

~* Becka *~

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: Titles and Meta Tags
by on Jul 5, 2008 at 7:14:45 pm

you put meta tags in the head block - here's a tutorial on that:

as for the title - i'd probably say you're fine either way (with company name or not)...if you look at a few samples from google:

you'll notice that oracle doesn't have company name and microsoft does, but they still both have their sections listed, so the smarter engines can work around it...

hope that helps!

Return to posts index

Sonali SenguptaRe: Titles and Meta Tags
by on Jul 21, 2008 at 6:14:38 am

Titles are still important and the search engine crawlers pick them up as a whole. Say, if you are a web design company of LA, you may use LA web design-Website design company LA etc in your title tag. Just after "head" in your HTML code, you will see "title" that should be followed by your title words.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved