FORUMS: list search recent posts

Replace image with flash

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave NavarroReplace image with flash
by on Jun 8, 2008 at 7:55:53 pm

A "user's group" I belong to has its web site hosted with a company that does not allow modification of any web pages directly. The "only" way to customize the site in any fashion is through CSS, or through a content editor that strips any code like Javascript.

I have a CSS tag which replaces the default header image on the site with a custom one.

#header {height: 200px; background: url(http://site/files/vas_banner6.png) center no-repeat;}

I'd like to replace this with CSS for a flash banner instead, but so far I haven't been able to figure it out.

Of course, I could easily replace it using JavaScript, but as I said, I can't include any JS on the site.

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: Replace image with flash
by on Jun 8, 2008 at 8:22:14 pm

hello...

having a very hard time following this question, but the only way to get flash in a page is to embed it - you can use an activex component either directly written in html or via javascript...

have you tried the former? you don't _have_ to use javascript to embed a flash movie...

sitruc

Return to posts index

Dave NavarroRe: Replace image with flash
by on Jun 8, 2008 at 8:28:51 pm

I cannot edit the original content of the page itself in order to put in the "[embed]" tags for the flash. I have successfully replaced an "[img]" tag set with an "[embed]" tag set using Javascript before where it was allowed, but as noted I can't.

The only thing I can change is CSS.

From what I'm reading, it doesn't look like I can do what I want... :(

I'll have to see if I can get the host provider to work with me on allowing me to do this in some fashion.

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: Replace image with flash
by on Jun 8, 2008 at 8:33:32 pm

hello...

ya - sounds like with the restrictions they have in place, you might be sorta stuck... :-/

sorry to not have a better answer for you...

sitruc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]