FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blogs vs Regular Websites

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff KelleyBlogs vs Regular Websites
by on Jun 2, 2008 at 9:26:03 pm

This might sould like an odd question but what is it that makes post on my Wordpress blog show up almost right away on Google? Is there any way to get the same thing to happened to an ordinary website?

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: Blogs vs Regular Websites
by on Jun 2, 2008 at 9:28:43 pm

short answer - no.

longer answer - no. they will routinely index content on public websites in their collection, so it'll end up indexed, but you can't make them do it faster than they will already...

Return to posts index

Jeff KelleyRe: Blogs vs Regular Websites
by on Jun 2, 2008 at 10:05:44 pm

I just found it odd that it seems minutes after a make a post, it's on Google but sometimes my regular website pages never seem to end up there. I just thought there was some trick. Guess not.

Return to posts index

Dave NavarroRe: Blogs vs Regular Websites
by on Jun 8, 2008 at 7:34:57 pm

One thing I know is that google's index algorythm increases the frequency of visit proportional to the amount of change it sees. So, if a site's content rarely changes, google rarely visits. If the site's content rapidly changes, it more frequently visits.

There "used" to be a trick where you could search a specific site using google and any new content google found it would add to it's own index. However, I've read that no longer works.

And finally, Google does have a backend API for directly submitting new content for index that is used by eBay and many news sites which have rapidly changing content that quickly expires. There is a fee for the service from what I understand. However, perhaps WordPress cut some kind of deal with Google to allow them to use the API in their code...

Return to posts index

Sapphire ParkerRe: Blogs vs Regular Websites
by on Aug 1, 2008 at 12:38:33 pm

SEO...Blogging/Forums is one of the ways of optimizing the website..and like they say Content is King..maybe work on the content of the site and lot more stuff involved in SEO...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved