FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question about repeating a background to fill browser window

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Fischer
Question about repeating a background to fill browser window
on Jun 2, 2008 at 7:02:20 am

I am putting together a site for my wife based off of a template that she bought. This first link is the template exactly as it comes. You’ll see it has a repeating background that spans the page.

http://www.sabrinafischer.com/original

I went in and started changing the PSD file by deleting some of the text, but then when I went to output it and saved new html and images everything looked correct except that it was now left justified and the repeating background was gone. I know how to add the
in the html, but I can’t figure out how the background coding works. I looked at the html and css and I couldn’t figure it out.

http://www.sabrinafischer.com/mod1

I then made some other changes by deleting both text and pictures just to make it look different and tried to output it as images only, and I didn’t touch the html. That preserved the background, but the text that I had deleted or changed was still the same as the original template. I noticed that the text is all in the html code too, so I understand why it did this, but I don’t know how to fix it.

http://www.sabrinafischer.com/mod2

I'm a video guy and obviously not a web designer, so I apologize if this is a studid question. I wasn't sure if this is an easy little fix or a huge programming ordeal so I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks so much for your time!

Speaking of not knowing how html works...How the hell did I get the second half of this post to be centered :)

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
Re: Question about repeating a background to fill browser window
on Jun 2, 2008 at 4:58:24 pm

hello....

your original and mod2 both have the css file import in the header:

and also have a lot more of the original css classes and id attributes in tags - so somehow when editing you removed all of those....

sitruc

Return to posts index

Adam Fischer
on Jun 2, 2008 at 6:18:56 pm

Thanks very much for the info. I only did editing in Photoshop and then output via the "save for web" option. Any idea how I deleted those things in that process? It seems to happen when I choose to save images AND html.

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
on Jun 2, 2008 at 6:30:35 pm

no idea how it got deleted...if you used generated html from photoshop's save for web feature then that is a likely culprit, but not being there when you did it, it's pretty hard for me to theorize as to how it could have happened otherwise...

Return to posts index

Adam Fischer
on Jun 2, 2008 at 6:51:26 pm

Thanks, I'll go back and figure out what I did. I appreciate your help with such an elementary question!

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
on Jun 2, 2008 at 6:55:00 pm

no problem and glad to help... :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]