FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fill web browser with swf

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hoss sarbazFill web browser with swf
by on May 29, 2008 at 5:04:20 pm

I'm stuck on stupid. How the heck can I make my swf fill the browser to behave like this webpage:

http://www.dektorfilm.com/

See how it fits the whole browser and scales only on the right....

Please help thanks!

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: Fill web browser with swf
by on May 29, 2008 at 8:04:29 pm

hello...

the super-easiest way to achieve this is to view the source of that page and swap out the bits you don't need and put your movie in the flash render tags...

(not trying to sound flippant - i mean i could explain it and document it, but what the heck? you have a working example right there to learn from)

sitruc

Return to posts index

hoss sarbazRe: Fill web browser with swf
by on May 29, 2008 at 8:42:41 pm

Beleive me I tore the source code apart trying to figure. Like I said on this one I'm Stuck on stupid!. I'm assuming it's a javascript code in the page source or coding in the ".js" file.

When I did as you say I got different variations but not the exact same thing....don't know what doing worng...

Return to posts index

by on May 29, 2008 at 8:48:21 pm

hello...

all you should have to do is replace their flash movie with the path to yours, but here's a 3rd party tutorial:

http://www.broculos.net/tutorials/how_to_make_a_flash_animation_truly_fulls...

sitruc

Return to posts index

by on May 29, 2008 at 10:32:41 pm

Thanks Curtis!

The tutorials helped but showed how to scale width and height to 100% for exact fit to fill the browser, which scales width and height.

The url I mentioned doesn't scale it just moves the flash element on the right horizontally withou scaling as you manually adjust the browser window size with the mouse.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it maybe some php and javascript on server side.

Return to posts index

by on May 29, 2008 at 10:37:32 pm

hello...

the preservation of the height of the green bar or whatever horizontal bar is being shown is controlled in the flash movie. the embed tag for the movie specifies width 100% and height 100%:

var flashMovie = new FlashObject("launch.swf", "flashMovie", "100%", "100%", "8,0,0,0", "#F7F9ED");

no php involved. it is scaling both width and height but in the flash code itself they say to not scale the bar vertically and always have it 100% wide in the canvas...

sitruc

Return to posts index

by on May 30, 2008 at 12:15:00 am

Here is my code. The browser comes up as a blank page!
What am I doing wrong? The paths to the .js file and the swf are correct. I'm using dreamweaver CS3 on G5.

Untitled Document

Return to posts index

by on May 30, 2008 at 1:39:35 am

hello...

hard to say - have you tried it using their flash file? maybe your flash file is not set up correctly...

also post a url - inline code is hard to debug...

sitruc

Return to posts index

Fernando MolRe: Fill web browser with swf
by on May 30, 2008 at 3:20:40 am

There is a way to control the relative position of an object with actionscript. Just do not remember exactly what command is.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]