FORUMS: list search recent posts

Firefox black line issues

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phillip MakselanFirefox black line issues
by on May 23, 2008 at 8:23:58 pm

I have created a website and it works fine in IE and Safari. When I open it in Firefox (only on the pages with Flash Video) I get black lines that show up on the top right of the flash vid and on the left side under a few links and on the side. It almost seems like it is an issue with the flash video constraints. However, when I refresh a few times it goes away. It may be a problem with my code I was told. I made the site in Imageready and Dreamweaver as I am a novice and only changed background color and centered with code. The site is

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: Firefox black line issues
by on May 23, 2008 at 9:11:03 pm

it's something in your table that firefox is getting hung up on - with a table of that complexity, it's impossible for me to say w/o manually futzing with it, but something in there is not making firefox happy - it could be your tags that have wraps in them or the newlines/spaces between content and the ending td tag for that cell or a variety of other things (like the flash movie itself for reasons due to embedding)...

i would start by removing things and see how it goes - the first thing to take out would be the flash movie itself - put in a filler image at the exact same size as the flash movie, and if the lines don't happen after that, then you know your culprit - at that point, start messing with that embed code and see what happens - change the size of it, params, etc. until you can track it down...

not the simple answer you were hoping for, but it's the best i can offer...hope that helps!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved