FORUMS: list search recent posts

Saving a word doc with database information

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Char ColeSaving a word doc with database information
by on May 15, 2008 at 11:34:09 am

I have a client who had me create them some forms in PHP. Now they want to know if it is possible to take that information that is being displayed back to the screen (and also written to a database) and put it into a word doc.

Essentially they want the information to display to the screen, then have a button or a link that will allow you to download a word document that already has all the same information in it that is on the screen.

Currently they print out the screen, but want to save paper and just save it to a file on their computers. I know this can be done in a VB program, but I have NO clue how to do it in PHP or if it can even be done. Any ideas? Thanks!

"I think... I think it's in my basement... Let me go upstairs and check!" - M.C.Escher

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: Saving a word doc with database information
by on May 15, 2008 at 3:14:48 pm

the only way that i still think you can do this on the fly is if your server is a windows server and you have access to com - something like this:

you can, however, make rtf docs on the fly and most windows systems open those in word by default, so that might be an option - lots of examples of this out there, so i'd start on google:

hope that helps!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved