FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is best place to create website?

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mary Ann McClure
What is best place to create website?
on Apr 24, 2008 at 8:45:48 pm

Hi,
For building a website w/excellent video quality and reliable playback of that video..., does anyone have an opinion on the best place to build one? .Mac or something else? I have also heard it is easy w/video to exceed your allowable data rate is that true & costly?
Thanks
M

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
Re: What is best place to create website?
on Apr 24, 2008 at 9:37:35 pm

hello...

[Mary Ann McClure] "For building a website w/excellent video quality and reliable playback of that video..., does anyone have an opinion on the best place to build one? .Mac or something else?"

it's not really the host that has any impact on the quality of the video - it's how you encode/compress it to begin with - once you do that, where you serve it from is not relevant at all...

(sorry if i'm not following your question - but the only thing a host can impact is bandwidth and time it takes to d/l the file - not the quality of the video itself)

[Mary Ann McClure] "I have also heard it is easy w/video to exceed your allowable data rate is that true & costly? "

it's a pretty simple math thing - say you have a 2mb movie file and your isp allows you 1gb of monthly transfers. a gb is 1024 mb, so you could have 512 downloads of your movie before you broke the monthly limit. this of course is not a perfect example, because your site has other bandwidth usages like the other pages on the site, your email, etc. etc., but the above is a basic way for you to figure out how much you need. if you have a ton of videos and have a very popular website, you can add up on the bandwidth pretty quickly, but if you have your demo reel and are looking for a job, you can probably get by ok...

hope that helps!

sitruc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]